View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2015, 05:18 AM   #45
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post
I'm saddened that the Factory Pro kit doesn't work all the time. I had a phantom down shift leaned over in 5th with the throttle pinned. Didn't bin it, but i'm sure the folks behind me weren't happy.

I Just started to use the clutch all of the time. So far, no more dropping to 5th or 4th on its own. But I hate having that thought in the back of my mind. It's just not confidence inspiring.
after the ninja race yesterday I'm budgeting hard for this kit, I had it drop back a gear at the apex of 3 (last part, heading towards wheelie hill) and in T12 going onto the front straight at njmp...the bike was unsettled by it and it almost took me out both times. After that I just used the clutch every time as well which slowed me down a bit (not as much as the dehydration though) but it's hard to convince myself to do something that makes me feel like I'm going to crash

I was hoping switching to GP shift would help alleviate the issue but it did nothing, though I do prefer the feel of GP shift since I tend to go into corners a gear low now which makes the bike feel more responsive