Old May 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #13
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Every freaking screw/bolt/nut/etc comes loose on my bike. I've had the battery connections fall off mid turn at full lean, I've had the coolant pipe (not the radiator hose, the one that goes on the side of the engine) come loose and dump all the coolant, I've had the mirrors fall off, all the fairing screws vibrate loose, and several other things in the last few months.
You shouldn't worry about things coming loose, you should expect it. Torque everything correctly and apply a removable threadlocker.

I replaced my front brake rotor recently, and even those bolts, with the crazy orange "we don't want you ever to remove this" loctite came off with just a normal ratchet.

The one exception is the bar-end weights. Those things will never, ever vibrate loose. Kawasaki considers it to be of critical importance that these never come loose. They are not removable without at least a blowtorch. Judging by Kawasaki's use of threadlocker, it's okay if the handlebar falls off, apparently, as long as the bar end stays with it.
lol. you sound like me.