View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2022, 07:05 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
when all you have to do is change the fuel to air ratio to one a few points richer. on the HUD ECU HACKER one of the files I ran showed a 14.6 Fuel to air ratio if you were to change that to 14.8 it would surely take away some of that intense heat !
I don't think I'ed go as far as changing it to 15.5 or something like that
but if that is what it takes to get a decent plug color check I may well do just that !
I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards. 14.7 is the stoichiometric (ideal) ratio of air to fuel, theoretically burning all fuel with no leftover air. (link) 14.6 is slightly richer (a little more fuel). 14.8 is leaner. 15.5 is leaner still. if the plan is to go richer - you need to have it lower than 14.6.

What those older engines you describe didn't have, was a highly accurate O2 sensor downstream, along with the ability to instantly adjust the fueling ratio to compensate what it's seeing on pretty much each revolution. That allows the ECU to run almost scary lean when appropriate, and plenty rich for short periods as well - theoretically the best of both worlds.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote