View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2022, 03:35 AM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Been doing alot of learning about this stuff lately...and I am starting to understand that there is a place where upon accelerating you can adjust it even richer if you want to.... there is a great deal of stuff going on inside that little box ! ....
a good sounding 4 stroke single has a Crack or harsh pop to it's running sound a honda 450R has that Crack sound in it's exhaust note usually.
this RX4 does not, even on a good day with it all warmed up ...it has a mushy pop not a crisp pop if you know what I mean....
the question is will changing the 14.6 to 1 fuel air ratio, to a 12.5 to 1 fuel air ratio make it sound crisper or softer ? hard to say....
back a few decades ago when I had a TT500 yamaha single that bike was a real powerhouse ! it had the crisp sound to it.... as many Harleys do and it was a great bike all the way around for the dirt.... if I could get this 450cc to run like that one I'ed be really pleased !
the beauty of this technology is that I can change the fuel air ratio to anything I want ( in theory) and see for myself what works best for power output... without the hassle of tearing into the carburetor and changing jets
and that never told me what the fuel air ratio was.... this will.... so if I find that the bike is bogging upon acceleration ( it's done this sense day one)
i can address JUST that... and that is really a powerful tool.
more than likely 99.9% of all the settings in there will be left alone
....but the things like the barometric reading for altitude...i have a gut feeling are way off.... which may well be the cause of all my other complaints !
but when the Bike has the ability to decide to lean itself or richen up the fuel
...that has got to be the greatest advancement in internal combustion engines sense the beginning !and to do it accurately and to the millisecond...
that really is amazing ! ....
I just wish they would have tuned the engine for power and not EPA
I mean I don't want to be belching black smoke everywhere but I want an engine that runs right.... one I can appreaciate and feel that it IS running good ....
if I want to feel a good running engine I don't get in the Honda CRV I get on the triumph 750....
anyway....i am waiting for my new J2534 adapter cable to get here and then I should be able to down load the ECU off my bike !
....i hope I hope I hope ! HAHAHAH
Bob......