View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2022, 02:25 AM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok.... I've made quite a bit of progress on this stuff as of late.
I finally figured out one of the biggest problems I had with HUD ECU HACKER
and that was when trying to edit the file it told you you had to add a calibration file... that's all it said.... not which one or where to find it or anything like that.
.... so I got my Kid over here and he figured it out in a few minutes for me
it didn't say which one because you have to make the file ! and you do that by creating a new patch file and THAT is your calibration file....
once that was figured out I could edit the paramaters that were shown....
so I imediately set out to lower the fast Idle of my RX4 because 2000 RPM at idle is way too fast for me ...I don't like that !
so sense that portion of the file is a table I edited all the instances of idle RPM
on the thing ,which corrosponded to a tempiture raiting of the coolant.
instead of starting out at 1800 RPM (what I see is 2100RPM on the bike)
I took that down to 1500 RPM.... and as it warms up it slowly dropped the RPM so I did the same but dropping it down to 1000 RPM ( I can easily go lower if I want to )
.... then I saved the Patch file and it is ready to be uploaded to the bike
and see if it actually changes anything....
though I haven't done that yet I probably will soon
my bike is set to a main fuel to air ratio of 14.650 to 1 and many things change that.... the Acceleration enrich funtion changes it quite a bit but not as much as i would like so I tried changing that and ran into some problems but finally got it to work .... normially it starts out at 14.6 at a small opening of the throttle and drops to 13.250 on 90% throttle
that seems very low to me so I changed it to starting out at 13.750 and ending up at 12.000 at 90%
the throttle does not go past 90% which I find very interesting
...this is not the same setting as Raw power Acceleration which has a huge table that goes all the way down to 12.000 :1
but it only goes into that table under certain conditions (and I have a feeling that is rare for it to get into that one!)
so I had no fear making it as rich as 12:1 as it does that in another area .
I won't put in that Acceleration Enrich Patch till after I try the Idle patch
and make sure i am doing it right....
....I can always go back to the original ECU settings at anytime I want to
as I have that file saved in about 5 different places ! LOL
I also think the ECU does not know it is at 3500ASL.... It is probably stuck at 2500' as I think it will call that on default if the Baro information is too low
not positive on that but I am guessing !
so I am making progress.... slowly but surely
watching a video on youtube about a Kid doing this to his bike he mentioned his Wonky idle was fixed by cutting the amount of air it allowed in half
so if my Idle patch doesn't fix the problem I'll check the idle air next.
this is very interesting stuff and I am learning alot quickly but it's like I'm not sure I understand everything I know about it just yet ! HAHAHHAAH
Bob.......