View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2022, 12:13 AM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hay Danno.... I did a Idle speed patch and that worked great, so I got carried away and uploaded about 7 patches I have made and low and behold the
FAR when Idling says it is at 13.625 ! I haven't ridden it yet , I probably will tomorrow, but I had a few beers and I won't get on a bike after a few beers because I am a light weight when it comes to booze ! LOL
but.... I discovered a few things about HUD ECU Hacker you can upload your patches without uploading the main .Bin file.... each patch has to be uploaded separately and it's real easy to get your patch files confused ! I know because I uploaded an older patch file for the idle and it was way too slow ! I had it set to 500 RPM when it was warm..... I think it made it to 700 RPM before it died !
so I had to re upload a patch to the previous patch and got it back to a leisurely 1600 RPM instead of the faster 2000 RPM that it originally had !
I did 2 patches extra, one for acceleration enrich and one for Power enrich
I didn't change the power enrich table much just the first part that called for 14.125 AFR to 13.625 to be about the same ratio as all the rest of the changes I've made
almost ALL the tables in the closed loop section ( where I do most of my riding) are based off of intake air pressure and the numbers are a precentage of something...which makes it really hard to modify anything in there !
but I am fairly confident I have changed almost everything in there that was at 14.625 to 13.625 making it Richer ! I wonder what my MPG will be like now HAHAHAHAH ! ( that is the least of my worries)

I'll let ya know how it runs when I ride the thing !
....(the Idle is still Wonky though it goes up and down alot, I think I will have to mess with the idle air to fix that.)

Bob......