View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2022, 01:59 PM   #29
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah I figured I'ed be smart and not shoot myself in the foot sense I have very little knowledge on this new technology....and they are very obviously doing stuff that I know nothing about !!!! so rather than regret it I decided to put it back to original and just change the idle ! LOL
so I went out and tore into my Logan 922 lathe and took out my handy dandy new micrometers and measured the shaft of a gear that wobbles fairly badly
and I've found that the shaft is wore down by 20 thousandths.... so replacing the bushing isn't going to help... so I either make a new one ( if I trust myself to be accurate enough,,,which I don't) or live with it till I can buy a new one
..... I could make the shaft easy enough, but putting the short threads on the end and the woodruff key slot in it are enough to put me off !
I think I can do the threading because I have the nut that goes on the end... just make it to fit.... been there done that several times already... but the woodruff key is something I need a real good mill for and my hodge podge mill isn't up to that task even IF I had the cutter ...which I don't ...
so I put it back together came inside and went to the logan actuator site only to find I can't find any parts there now they say their site is under construction.... but right now no parts lists work... so it's a future project to be sure !
so so far today I've struck out on almost everything I have tried to do....
i think that means it's time for a nap ! HAHAHAHHA
Bob......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.