View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2022, 06:28 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Super-cheap genuine Kawasaki OEM lock set on clearance for 250 and Ninja 300

Kawasaki charges over $400 for a EX250J/K lock set (ignition cylinder, fuel door, and seat/helmet lock with two keys). That might deter criminals using them to steal or sell stolen bikes but cheap replicas made it irrelevant a decade ago. They’re close but lack the Kawasaki-branded key and some of the inner parts are plastic. I see replicas as low as $26.99 (example), but how would you like a brand new genuine/original Kawasaki OEM lock set for even less?

It seems these are cosmetically blemished and on clearance.

I ruined the markings on my original ignition with my key so I drilled it out to swap parts with a replica when I found my original fuel door was rusted almost beyond belief. My attempts to clean it caused more cosmetic issues so I gave up and ordered this replacement lock set that just came in:

At some point Kawi replaced lock set 27045-5390 with 27045-5421, adding plastic plug covers which this has. Both parts are $402 on Partszilla, which is the cheapest I can find other than this eBay seller. As described, there is a blemish on the fuel door ring but I have a cover/protector if it bothers me.

There are still 4 available but let me know if you want my ugly (but functional) lock set when they sell out.

The ignition and fuel door should work for the Ninja 300 though you’ll need to get the seat/helmet lock cylinder swapped or repinned if you want to use the same key.

It came absolutely dripping with oil and no signs of use. It even has the key code tag like I got with my new bike in 2008. I disassembled my originals enough to tell this is genuine Kawasaki though they are selling as Fire Dragon Bros brand. FDB makes parts like integrated tail lights, which I bought from them before:

Link to original page on YouTube.

I don’t know why it includes the seat lock cable/striker when that part isn’t key-specific but, hey: BONUS. Maybe these were from new race-prepped bikes that didn’t need this stuff after ignition-delete and race tail. That’s probably why they are also selling tail lights and headlights.

Last futzed with by CZroe; September 14th, 2022 at 05:10 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote