View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2022, 04:22 AM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
This would have been nice when a wannabe thief ruined the ignition on my 300. I bought a used complete lock set but the other parts in the set were corroded so I ended up swapping the ignition only and now use 2 different keys lol. Maybe it might be worth swapping again to go back to having only one key and to have a gas cap with fresh new gaskets.
My only concern is the helmet seat lock. They look the same but Kawi updated the part numbers between generations. Replica lock sets, like this, claiming to fit both EX250 and EX300 are probably referring to EX250L/M, which is the same bike as the Ninja 300 in other markets.

I know the fuel door and ignition cylinder will fit. Visually, I don’t see why the helmet/seat lock wouldn’t but I’ve never inspected the 300’s lock in person.

If you have to have different locks you could get a key cut with different teeth on each side but then you’d lose the convenience of having it work in either orientation.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote