View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
What about a stock Ninja 250R going that speed; do you think someone with developed braking skills could stop before reaching that lorry? I'm guessing that Honda is capable of being stopped quicker due to better front brakes and a fatter front tyre.
Yes mam, I believe even the stock brake system on a 250 is more than capable of such braking. My first track experience was on a stock 250, the only mods were upgraded tires and fender eliminator lol. No need for a fatter front tyre, just a well sorted bike with 100% functional brakes and focused rider skills. There is a good chance that a stock setup on 250 with a 220+lb rider will bottom out the forks though. This is what I mean by "well sorted", the front springs need to be set to riders weight to achieve a much, much, much higher level of braking performance.

I googled some of the stopping distances for bikes from various speeds. I will admit, at this point... I don't put must stock in those graphs. I know for FACT... you can go from 145mph to 15mph in 300ft. It's that scary type of braking, but can be done. Just takes practice.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.