Old February 28th, 2020, 03:40 PM   #14
Z1R rider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 1978 Z1R, 1999 EX250

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchman View Post

The thing is that when I ride quite hard on the small tracks, it happens that I lose the front grip. Front of the bike is shaking quite intense, its even hard to save the bike. Was not sure if the front end is overloaded or unloaded (body position), but from the tyre wear it looks like I reached maximum lean angle on the front tire and am not event close to the max lean angle on the rear tire.

I am running original dimension on front(110) and a bit bigger on the rear(140). I picked this dimension because I read that a lot of people racing the 250R use this dimension. And a word about the body position: this happens when I am not sitting, so its a knee down situation, body is aligned a bit to the front. Like you would like to put an elbow down, but without putting it down actually. Yeah, description is funny, hope you get it.

So the question is if you guys racing this machine had similar issues with an unused rear tire? Is it normal behaviour for this tire combo (110 front and 140 rear)? If not, do you think that the problem is body position or bad setup? How to get more from the bike?

I'm running a pre-gen with new-gen wheels (so I could get away from the 16" wheels), 110-70 front 140-70 rear, Bridgestone RS-10. It could be the brand or the model tire you are using, they have different profiles. Or it may be that your riding on "small" tracks, the tracks I ride are both about 2.5 miles with corner speeds from around 40 mph to a little over 90 mph. Could also be your riding style, I am normally at or close to full throttle from the apex on.

DSCF0002.jpg

front has a little left to go

DSCF0001.jpg

rear is at the edge, but has never let go on a clean track