View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2020, 02:03 PM   #60
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
The media didn't shut down China, Italy, Norway, Spain, most of Europe, or the U.S. The media didn't cancel tens of thousands of flights. The media didn't infect more than a hundred thousand people in dozens of countries in one month. The media didn't tell you to buy toilet paper.

The media said wash your damned hands.
Washing your hands doesn't stop the virus. It's largely a placebo to make people feel like they are doing something. It's one of the things the media is wrong about and people/media need to stop repeating this like it means something. The virus isn't spread on hands. It's spread in air.

Michael Osterholm, via Men's Health Article:
Quote:
The other huge thing is, of course, hand washing, which can help protect people from all kinds of germs, but has no direct link to stopping the spread of coronavirus.

"I think the primary thing about hand washing is legitimate," he says. "People want to feel like they're doing something, so we tell them 'wash your hands often to prevent this disease', but I feel we're not being very honest with people. The data is really just about breathing air, which we can't stop. So keep doing the hand washing, but don't think it's going to stop the disease."

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.