View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2020, 06:56 AM   #86
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
RE: mortality numbers, Italy now the worst.

Do we actually believe China's numbers? I'm firmly in the camp of thought where China is probably lying to us. They probably lost many many people to this thing, but don't want to look bad on the global stage. They don't seem to care about their people. I'm struggling to see how in a country of that many people living so densely they can not have 100's of thousands of cases and deaths.

I'm only operating off of suspicion on this thought, but I'd love to see some data or math estimating in support of, or contradicting my suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
The story commonly heard in my state is companies of non essential services telling employees if they don't work they are fired.
Wow. That's terrible. But it seems to be on par. I just spent some time talking to some of my Ohio friends last night and they all seem to think this is a giant hoax or media frenzy and nothing else. To them, it's all just an inconvenience that will blow over.

I guess that's what happens when almost half the country agrees.
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/81650...-a-real-threat

Meanwhile I've accepted the fact that I've turned my guest room into an office and while I officially have one more week of working from home, there's a good chance that it might turn into more than that.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote