View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2020, 02:51 PM   #161
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
Washington today:
2588 cases (up 4.8% since yesterday)
130 deaths (up 5.7% since yesterday)
19 recoveries (to date)

I hope it's flattening out due to closing restaurants and bars and increasing social distancing on 3/16 (although official lock-down started today).

Ohio today:
704 cases (up 24.8% since yesterday)
11 deaths (up 37.5% since yesterday, includes the 1 death Snot reported last night in today's percentage)
0 recoveries (to date)
The problem with all these reports of numbers of infected cases is that it's really just a report of the number of tests available. There's still a severe shortage of tests, and the majority of people who report symptoms aren't going to get a test unless they are really sick.

In fact, some people are getting coronavirus, confining themselves to their homes, and letting it pass without telling anyone, just to avoid the stigma of it affecting their families. Case in point: a guy in a nearby town had his mom get it. Hadn't been in the same room with his mom in 6 months. Yet when he told his employer they told him to stay home. Think about it. If you get what might be coronavirus and your symptoms aren't bad, there might be a benefit to just self isolate and not tell anyone about it just to protect your family and friends from BS.

Total number of infected is likely 10x what is reported, and while there is no error in the number of reported deaths, the calculated mortality rate is based on the number of infected, which is held back by the number of tests given. The real mortality rate is likely far less than 1%. I would bet it's more along the lines of .5 to .3%, just to swag a number.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.