View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2020, 01:02 PM   #186
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
The more and more i read about symptoms, and we are finding out for certain that some places had the virus weeks before the state had a single confirmed case i am leaning more and more towards that my family could have had it in Early March. Far too many "coincidences" to ignore.

Not sure if any of us would still test positive or not? Or if they would test any of us?
I think it depends on the type of test. The ones looking for antibodies should pick something like that up, as it's expected the antibodies would have been created while we were sick and are detectable for a very long time.

We are suspicious that we crossed paths with it earlier as well, with the fever/coughing/shortness of breath etc., but it was diagnosed as a sinus infection and it did go away over time. Genetic testing shows that it was in our county by early January, and several in the household were sick in early February.

But I imagine there's millions of people thinking the same thing right now. Some of them may be right - but it's also helpful to remember that millions upon millions of us do get sick at times, including many of the symptoms of a minor COVID-19 case. If we're better now, it doesn't matter terribly, other than a higher likelihood that for us personally, we're at lower risk of catching this same thing as it circles around this area over and over again.

I don't think there will be widespread/universal testing either soon, or maybe even ever, to try and find out if everybody had it at one point. I do think there will be population studies to get more data and then make inferences from there; that's pretty much one of the reasons public health exists for.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.