View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2020, 10:45 AM   #7
blanzer
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholas

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Hi all, sorry for the delay. Was going to go with ducatimans work, but decided to save some money and time by just buying a used diaphragm and new air/fuel screws.i have a strong feeling the carbs and clean and parts are good besides that. i swapped them out and seems much better. However if I ripped the throttle wide open it died. This was last night. Bike was warmed up completely but a bit cold out. Tried again today (much hotter) and it didn’t die but struggled a bit. I turned my idle up between 1.5-2k rpms and seems fine now. Both my screws were adjusted at 2.5 turns out. But I read that apparently they’re supposed to be different. For stock anyways. I’ll be going for a test ride to see how it goes. Also I managed to get the air box boots on! Those things were a PITA lmao. They’ve always been slightly sitting on the carbs but I removed the boot (didn’t know you could do that) and soaked it in warm water to loosen it up. Also figured out how to put the carbs and air box in together through the bike. 2 weeks and and some good progress. I’ll be back with an update.
blanzer is offline   Reply With Quote