View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:21 PM   #66
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I could see that @Misti, blending at turn 12 has both pros and cons imho. I would bet it would be the preferred merge point in a CSS setting, where riders of all skill levels are out on track at the same time. In this case, riders of a specific group are expected to be within an acceptable pace of each other. Mr. Fist was riding off pace, but within acceptable visibility of the rider behind to make a safer pass or no pass at all. It also makes sense that TTD put the merge point in at 12 because in the event of a mishap, the speeds will be down considerably and with better run off.

The faster the pace of the group out on track, the more I dislike the turn 12 merge. Mainly because the blend line and the race line would come together in a blind spot, at high speed and in a chicane. It looks like fast riders will need nearly edge to edge use of the track to make their intended line.

Tough call for the track org indeed.

@ttd Did you tell your blue/red groups anything special in regards to blending here?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote