View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2018, 02:48 PM   #27
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwDang View Post
The lender will not release the title without complete satisfaction of the note. Period, end of story.
Where are you seeing a counter-argument to this? Of course the loan needs to be paid off before the lien is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwDang View Post
Performing the transaction at the sellers bank gaurantees the title is clear, the transaction is “safe” from robery, counterfit bills, forged cashier checks.
You mentioned across state lines and far away transactions. That really doesn’t play a role in this. The banks (acting as your agent) know how to make it work. I bought my last bike in Seattle via pics on the dealers site. Talked to my CU, they got a buyers order, built the loan and sent me with a check to pay for it.

The process really is safer and easier than people make it out to be.
Buying from a dealer who can facilitate it with your bank is a different situation - better understanding of the process on all sides going in. Educating the seller on what they need to do to make this work is the main issue that all other issues sprout from.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote