View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #188
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Asphalt hurts (even with gear)...
seconded, I have scars through my jacket where there was rubbing (slightly loose reinforced areas due to winter use w/jackets underneath stretching it) from my last street down.

what I learned from that down was to not allow myself to become distracted in a corner where I know there's gravel there and you have to stay on the car lines to avoid it. Loud noises like barking dogs tend to get your attention easily.

My last track down taught me quite a bit more, it taught me that my mentality was wrong (at least until I'm racing and have the skills to be racing) as well as that my body positioning needed work. Was a typical at speed lowside with no run off in the second fastest corner at the track. I feel as though with better body positioning I could be just as hard if not harder on the throttle through there. I'm also not sure if I dragged my peg which lifted the rear slightly or if I lost the rear first but I was definitely leaned over more than I would normally and more than I've been since