View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #81
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
if you are already at max lean for the speed, i don't think letting the throttle off will help anything quickly enough. if you wanted to take this route and you actually needed to do something about going wide (ie so wide you are going to run off the track) i think maybe you would be better off standing it up part way and applying brakes before putting it back down... but you would need a lot of time for that though. a full second minimum. if you're already past the apex and about to run off like maybe you slid a few feet and now you're pushing way wide... i don't know if there is really much you can do aside from getting that hook in body lower or run off and try to bring it back in. if it was me and i was max lean already and the option for running off is simply not there then i would push it into the ground. you can still keep it going in the direction you want even if its crashing in that direction. i would rather lowside in the road than run straight off a cliff. plus who knows, maybe you'll marquez it. then again, maybe you'll simo it.
Agree that if you are at max lean then letting off the throttle isn't going to help much, in fact if you are already running wide then letting off the gas will push you even wider.

Leaning the bike MORE can result in a low side because you are already at your max lean so pushing it farther can put you on the ground.

You mention getting lower in your hook position and really, that is your best option as it will tighten up your line WITHOUT adding any extra lean angle. So what is the hook position and how do you get into it in order to tighten your line?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote