Old July 13th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #9
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I'm not worried about when doing the lessons. I'm worried about the test. I've read multiple stories now from people that have recently taken a beginner's course and had the same anxieties as me. They all talked about how they did great during the lessons, but then when all eyes were on them during the test, they folded and screwed everything up.
I assume Ohio isn't too different from North Carolina... my daughter failed the test at the course. She got nervous and went outside a line a few inches, and that's all it took. It didn't matter much though, since NC gives free testing. On our trip to Deals Gap a few weeks later, we went into Robbinsville and she took the road test there and passed. That being a small town, she was the only one taking it, and it was very low pressure.

It's a shame the MSF doesn't have a way to do a re-test without having to pay full price for the course again. My daughter couldn't afford another $200+ dollars, and didn't want me to pay for her mistake. A person really gets punished for having test anxiety.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote