Old July 14th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #24
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I'm also sorry you had a bad experience, Koala. Cheer up... tomorrow is another day!
thanks, I'm trying. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
A few options:
Email MSF and see if any instructors are willing to help with one on one...some live in cbus
Iron Pony class, they have several types of classes
Join a Facebook group or forum with riders close to you
OMRL has a race http://adkinsraceway.com in Aug. (4th) I will be there with my KLX250 I can help you during practice (race day I work pits or corners). Good chance to meet other riders too.
when the one instructor was talking to me off to the side just before I left, I tried to not so subtly hint at seeing if he'd help me. I explained I have nobody to help me, and he knew what I had learned so far on my bike I had to teach myself. He said to call the course coordinator and talk to them. I'll do that, as well as email Msf like you said. I also thought about talking to the 2 sales guys at state 8 and just laying it on the line, letting them know I'm at the point of being on me knees begging for help here. as for august 4th, that sounds awesome, but I work saturdays normally. It wasn't easy for me to get yesterday off, another reason I was so unhappy about it not working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
They should have given you a different cycle of the same type to try instead of making you struggle with that one.

They need be be able to make alterations to accommodate the student.

Maybe they need more instructors for the size of the class. I still think they failed you.
there was no other bike to give me going by their rules of having to have both feet almost flat. all the other bikes had people on them aside from the yamaha they moved out of the way. Basically, when it came to short people, there was very little choice of what to ride. The other short girl didn't care because the rebel was just like her bike. anyone of normal height got to pick between several types of bikes to find one they liked.

I got stuck with what I was on, and even though they asked if it was going to work and if I would be ok, I told them that it would have to because it was the only one low enough. As it is, I have bruises all over the insides of my thighs that kept waking me up (why I'm up right now) from the wide seat digging into them, and my wrists are killing me from the handlebar position (they were almost completely healed before yesterday).

Maybe an extra instructor could have helped, I don't know. the way it was set up, one was on one end of the range and one on the other. as you rode up to their stopping point you had the chance to say a few words before having to move on. If you needed more they told you to pull off to the side and they would get to you as soon as they could. I did that a couple times. the time that I pulled off to the side unintentionally (being told to direct steer and that making me go to the curb) the younger one noticed but he was all the way across the range. I got moving to the older one closer to me before he could come over. I was looking at him going "the bike wouldn't turn, I was looking through the turn but it was going the other way!" that's when I realized he had told me wrong and I should be countersteering. there was no instruction on that. it was just assumed that as we started the exercises that we knew what to do, and apparantly everyone else did but me. I was the one that had to ask.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote