View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #204
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

Thanks to this thread I just raised my coverage limits, added uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and added a small medical payments coverage. I had originally signed up for the cheapest possible insurance after shopping a few companies. I wound up switching companies to get a reasonable rate for the higher coverage. It was crazy what the difference was from one company to another at different coverage levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
One thing to keep in mind is if any motorcycle policies offer medical. Found out that while my auto has a decent medical coverage, my bike does not. SF doesn't even offer it. So..... Yeah, hopefully my employer medical covers it.
I haven't signed up for Medical Payments on any of my auto policies, but on the motorcycle policy it says it covers me even while I'm not operating the motorcycle, for example as a pedestrian. When I used to be on the bicycle forums people would mention having medical payments coverage on their car to cover them while they were operating bicycles. Might talk with the auto policy provider to find out what situations the med payments might cover other than in an insured auto. I'm guessing they'd exclude motorcycles, but it's a weird business and every company seems to do things a little different.
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.