View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #37
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
Moto2 is being seen as less important in the developement chain these days. The racing and racecraft is tougher in Moto3. The main reason Tito stayed in Moto2 is that there were no top seats available in MotoGP.

Too bad that Moto2 isn't a stock 600 class, sort of a WSBK of 600's. Be way more interesting to see but that'll never happen. Dorna either owns or has their fingers in everything so not much will change. Hopefully whatever the new AMA situation is it'll improve the coverage. The coverage has been pretty lame compared to MotoGP/2/3. More like watching club racing.
WSS is the WSBK of 600s lol. There is already a class for that and Dorna owns it too lol. MotoAmerica does have a WSS equivalent class planned I believe and is working towards aligning it to the world class standard.

I believe the MotoAmerica packaging is with CBSSports Network and will be televised but am not sure which races we will actually be able to see. But hey its moving in the right direction.

In terms of Moto2 vs WSS its pretty interesting to look at the differences between the classes in terms of lap data. Moto2 is now both faster than the old 250cc class and the WSS bikes while also being closer in terms of the lap time spread.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote