View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2021, 02:24 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL one tiny laps of concentration and WHAMM ! you have major problems !
... yah I felt bad about that for years after Mom's injury... but later thought
You know it really wasn't too smart of my Dad to have his nieve son put oil in a motorcycle either ! that was about 4 years before anyone let me touch that bike... but Dad did that day.... odd how things work out sometimes !
that little honda 50 was my Dads pride and joy... he and my Uncle bought them off my science teacher from my school I told Dad about it and we went and looked at them with my uncle and they bought them for $150.00 each ! HAHAHA
they still had the fairings on them and looked brand new !
of course $150. bucks was alot of money back then but those bikes got completely USED UP over the decades to follow !
I told my teacher what had happened after the accident and he felt really bad about it...he felt responsible for it and I explained that he was in no way responsible ! but it didn't seam to help ! he was a good man ! gave me the love of science ! last time I saw him he was retired some 50 years ago !
.... about 7 years after Mom's accident, Dad bought me a Honda 50cc sport
that was in boxes for 50 bucks ..... I had it running in about 3 days to Mom's dismay.... she just knew I was going to kill myself on that thing !
LOL..... I traded it for a honda 90cc in the same condition straight across
and had that one running in 3 days as well.... ( I had extra parts that came with it ! ) that turned out to be my transportation to and from school for 4 years ! good thing it wasn't any bigger or I probably would have killed myself ! ....
...anyway....
Now I have a fresh pare of square toe harness boots that I usually wear when I ride the Ninja.
and a nice pare of O'neal motocross boots for when I get the RX4... I have put them on once and boy are they stiff ! I dunno how I am going to be able to shift with those on !
Bob.....