View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Poor lil' Ninja is target practice for life. Why me?! Road hazard rim damage AGAIN.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Yeah, I should be looking at it as how lucky I was, but that's hard to do when this kind of crap happens again and again.

That was just after an on ramp. I was moving into that newly-available lane so I could exit soon (another on ramp was about to add another lane that I had to enter). Because it was part of an on-ramp, I had to give a thorough head check even though the lane had just opened. It entered my headlight range while I was doing the head check so it was too late by the time I turned back and saw it. It probably would have been too late regardless at my speed.

Anyway, I've already replaced the rims once due to a serious bend after hitting a trench the city cut and left unfilled in the middle of the road. This isn't nearly as bad, but I have to ask if it's OK to ride on a slightly bent rim. So, does that look minor enough to keep riding on?

The front rim with the slash in the tire and rim seems OK, but I guess I'm going to need to seal the cut with clear-coat. Right? Any tips?

Obviously, I shouldn't be riding on the tires, so I'm going to get them replaced ASAP (it's my primary transportation).

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote