View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:00 AM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I do know what you're talking about, I just don't think it's as dramatic as you seem to because it can easily be tuned out. I will admit, there's a good chance that the pregen needles were more accepting of pods in their taper profile than newgen needles, so maybe my experience base is off a little. I'm willing to admit that.

Have you played with spring rates in the slides? This seems like one of the very few scenarios where fiddling with the spring rate might improve things. If you want to change the lift of that needle under certain dynamic scenarios (read: shimming it out isn't right here) because you want to perfect the transition rather than just broadly add fuel to the whole mid range, that might be the way to go. Time to science what spring rate and relaxed length the spring is now, then see about changing it a little. See if you can get a couple springs that are 5-10% either direction stiffer or softer and see how the slides respond in that transition. Make sense? Danno seems like the type of guy where this might be right up his alley.

The other thing you can do is get creative with some aluminum sheeting and a pop rivet gun and make a 5 sided "airbox" around the pod filter that mounts on the same clamps that the filter itself uses to at least get the filter breathing out of an air cavity that has a little more consistent airflow. The issue here isn't the pod filter itself, the issue is that the flow/mixing isn't consistent like it is in the airbox.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote