Old November 29th, 2016, 07:30 PM   #9
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
I'm starting to think it's waaay passed time for me to take a more advanced course

This may interest you. In CA, the program was rebid because the Highway Patrol updated some regulations on what they needed to teach and not teach. MSF didn't agree with the Highway Patrol, so another company got the contact. This was a few years ago, just as I was getting my BRC finished. If I'd signed up in another month, I'd have gotten the new course curriculum from a different company than MSF. I remember my instructor being really upset at the new situation because he believed the new course materials were inferior.

Little OT, but I don't think that'll change his class to much, just the test. He went over a lot of things that I've heard people say the BRC doesn't cover and he really knows his stuff. He even had some gear that had been cut in half with a bandsaw to show the insides. Really cool guy. If any newbies are in the area and happen to be reading this post, here's the link to the site:

http://www.mti-redbluff.com/
the California classes have been run by Lee Parks Total Control clinic. That guy knows his stuff. As soon as I was mentioning getting a bike, my uncle out in San Diego told me to take one of his clinics when I got the chance. He had himself in the past and was going on about how great it was. Now, I don't know the difference between his classes his group teaches out in Cali for the state but for his regular clinics you are expected to have at least 3,000 miles under your belt before going.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote