View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2022, 10:41 PM   #1
JamminJimmy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2005 kawasaki ninja 2005

Wink Jammin down the wrong highway:

hey guys and ladies
I am a proud owner of a 250r. But its seen better days. When i got it it was running perfect, no prob. Four months later i saw a drip drip from the carb. So i took off the carb, cleaned it and thats when all the problems start. I raced back in the day, two rm 80s, couldnt cut it and swapped em for a cr250. That was 30 plus years ago. I worked on my own bikes, but got cold. Thought it never left you. bike going on second summer no ride, what a waste. thought it was carb issues so i kept cleaning. eventually i just gave in and got a new carb. That was not even the issue. Checked the petcock and it was blown to pieces. Replaced new. and now the present:
Starts up but rev is i believe 9 thousand if im lucky. no power, bogs down on any kind of hill. Im stumped and ready to hang my hat and let a mechanic take over. but man that hurts. I should be able to troubleshoot this. Dont know when the valves have been adjusted, but the miles on my bike was like 8 grand when i got it. and therfore should be okay. How could it have ran like a champ, then ........

Last futzed with by JamminJimmy; August 1st, 2022 at 01:32 AM. Reason: add pic
JamminJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote