Old August 9th, 2022, 11:50 AM   #133
petrolhead
ninjette.org member

Name: Jarno

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Both heavier than stock.

Check with Spears Racing for upgrade parts. He's been most helpful to me over the years.

Budget builds can use even better parts. +4 +5mm over using ZX-6R cylinders and pistons. Buy used on ebay for $20-30. Press out factory cylinders, machine block for ZX-6R cylinders, install pistons, done!

Look up bruce71198's builds. He's gotten double factory power.
I'm not looking for the very last hp and cost be damned. Nor am I ready yet to start hunting the last possible cc:s from this engine. My calculator says the engine makes 20,7 Nm @ peak power revs, 11000. 25 Nm is possible, 24Nm is feasible with 249cc. I'm interested in making a bit more torque a bit higher up the rev range. 40hp engine power is doable without over bore. I'm just asking for experiences different pistons should I go that route. I consider piston weight to be critical for the longevity of rods and bearings. Bigger bore would mean a Cometic head gasket, which are not without issues.

If I open up the engine and find that the cylinders and pistons are in top condition, I won't replace them just for the hell of it. Then I'll concentrate on the top end.
Spears. They'd be one mighty expensive set of jugs once they reach me. Add VAT, postage and customs to their price tag. I don't doubt their quality.

Last futzed with by petrolhead; August 9th, 2022 at 01:24 PM.
petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote