View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

David, your post shows exactly how new you are to riding. I do not mean that in a bad way. I was there merely one year ago myself. I had typical new rider mistakes: turning too early, leaning too little, not trusting the bike (and tires) to be able to lean more, letting off the throttle when I started running wide. The list could go on and on.

About that turn, from the angle of the picture and what Steve said about the turn, it sounds like you guys turned in way too early, especially if you were only running about 45-50 mph. Steve said he had to avoid the asphalt chunks. If the picture is representative of where the debris was when you guys took the turn, as in before the asphalt, you simply turned too early.

Judging just from the one picture we have of the turn, I would have been setting up positioning on the bike around the point of the asphalt and would not have turned the bike until around just before where the bike is in the picture. This is just something you learn while you ride. I am sure an expert rider has an even better solution to that corner.

Again, I am a new rider, and am in no way criticizing you or Steve. I am simply sharing what I have learned that is still so very fresh in my mind.