View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #14
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Now that it's a few hours later, I'm starting to get pretty sore, especially on my left arm... great... work will be a joy tomorrow.

I can straight up say the accident was most attributed to by me not being as comfortable turning as I could be, mainly because I never have to lean very far in my every day riding, so I don't know the extent to which the bike can go.

In the situation, my thought process was if I turned too far and hit the asphalt, I would have low-sided with the bike on top of me and kept on going right off the road. If I had slammed on the front brakes, I would have highsided, and been pretty bad off too, especially since I was still at somewhat of an angle.

I did what the MSF teaches when you come around a turn and see an obstacle: Straighten the bike, slow down as much as you can and get ready to crash off the road.

But biggest factor to how we took the turn was that it was a blind u-turn, fairly busy for being a backroad, and there would have been no time for reaction had a car come the opposite direction.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote