View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #7
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
I once noticed that I was getting a lot of hits on my web page from Mexico. When I looked at the details, I noticed that I was getting hundreds of hits on a photo I had of my then-current motorcycle. When I looked to see where the hits were coming in from, I discovered that some guy in Mexico was selling an identical bike on a Mexican auction site, and instead of using his own photo, he just hotlinked in my photo!

I rewrote my web page so that the motorcycle photo had a different name, and then put a picture of a toilet in my web file folder with the old photo's name.

The result was that if you looked at his auction, you saw a photo of a toilet instead of his motorcycle. He couldn't alter the ad once up, and he started getting all sorts of hilarious follow-up questions asking him about his motorcycle...
THAT is great!