View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #27
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Alrighty, well, I do live in Florida and I've been riding all summer now. The temp has been averaging 90 with a "real feel" of about 100 or so everyday...with the humidity being between 70-75%. Yes, it's frickin hot as hell. But...

I ride in full gear (minus ear plugs); mesh jacket, Airwaves pants, SMX 6 boots, knee protectors, gloves, and a full face helmet. Taking the advice of other riders on this forum, I have been soaking my under armor-type shirt in water before I go out and it works wonders. FYI, I even ride between 12-4, probably the hottest hours to ride. I'm out for about 2 hours at a time, take a 5 minute break, and I'm fine. Oh, and I also make sure to hydrate before going out and leave ice water ready for me when I get back.

I've known people who get vicious headaches from the heat, to the point of puking, and it's ALWAYS due to dehydration. I suggest you get a mesh jacket and pants, hydrate like no one's business right before you go out, bring water with you (or money to buy water when out), and have water ready for your return. Also, soak your shirt in cold water before riding. It's not impossible for you to enjoy the ride in the heat...if you do it right.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to get out and ride, and enjoy it.

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.