Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
....... Right now, I tend to drop one gear before I start my heavy braking, then do my braking and then down shift some more after the braking (until the revs are where I want them), then take the corner (or deal with whatever it is that causes me to brake so hard).
If your front brake's lever is adjusted to your fingers and natural angle of the wrist, you could try braking and operating the throttle simultaneously by keeping index and middle fingers on the lever and wrapping the handle with thumb, ring and pinky.

The advantage of that is that you have a finest control on the throttle by using the lever as a reference for your wrist.

Try practicing that in a safe environment, even with heavy gloves: it is just good every day motorcycling skill.

This thread has many good points:
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99060

I like using the braking effect of my engine combined with my front brake for any non-emergency slow-downs or stops.
Downshifting and engine brake are not necessarily the same thing.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.