View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #15
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I find it to be second nature, then again I learned how to do it heel-toe in a car. That was hell to learn in comparison. On a bike it's more of a wrist movement and becomes second nature quickly with dedicated practice, in a car you have to concentrate on it for a lot longer to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I think I read a post by Jason/rojoracing where he said he brakes and downshifts while entering a corner in the lazy fashion by not-rev matching, but letting the clutch out slowly until the engine catches up with the wheels. I can do that, but it feels so mean on the bike!
That's because it is, but the clutch can take it. Wet clutches are great

with the engine off try using your brake lever with the tips of your fingers and allow yourself some flex to be able to move your wrist. Then work on pulling your wrist back a bit to simulate the throttle blip, do this for a bit and it should feel pretty natural. Then go into a parking lot and practice it with the engine on, 2nd-1st is the hardest so try 3rd-2nd. Hopefully you'll be comfortable with it within a few hours