View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:09 AM   #5
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I would recommend sitting down with your mom and having a talk with her. It seems she is scared that something could happen to you on the bike and is taking it out on you in an unhealthy way. Show her how you are being responsible by wearing gear and taking it slow as you are learning. Another way to show how serious you are about riding and maybe get rid of some of her fear is to take an MSF course and also pick up some books/videos on street riding techniques. Learn how to keep yourself out of harms way the best you can and hopefully she will back off. If not, then just let it go in one ear and out the other because you will always have someone telling you that riding is too dangerous and you will get killed.
Thank you, really. I don't understand why she is so fearful. She used to ride motorcycles when she was my age, but with out a helmet!! Yes people die in bike accidents, but I could also live my life in fear and only drive a car my whole life and die in a car accident. There was a horrible accident last night where a semi smashed into another semi but there was a car in between and demolished the car and killed the driver. My mom doesn't understand that by constantly saying things she shouldn't and trying to talk me out of doing things shes not letting me live my life, she got to! I want to too.
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote