Thread: fear of riding?
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:19 AM   #6
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Back when I rode a CBR1100XX my license plate was my blood type, "A NEG" carrying your emergency contact information is a good idea. I also had a small laminated picture of my wife and kids on the instrument cluster of my bike. yeah it was fun to open the throttle and go fast, but every time I looked down at my speedometer I saw what was really important. Kept me grounded.

As for your mom, back when I started riding, my mom was a nurse, she worked in a Veterans Administration Kidney Dialysis unit. Everyone of her patients that got a kidney transplant the donor was a young male motorcycle rider who crashed (most not wearing helmets I believe). Her only experience with motorcycles was with those who died and donated organs to her patients. So she was more than slightly biased against motorcycles. Since I lived half way across the country it was pretty easy to just not tell her when I rode.

My mom is now in her 80's, she still doesn't like motorcycles, but she doesn't actively campaign against me riding them.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.