Old May 23rd, 2016, 01:59 PM   #28
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
Both of you have beautiful daughters! I just wish more women rode! .....
Trying to do my part.

Got my wife to take a BRC about 20 years ago. She had a bit of a head cold and didn't think much of it, turned into an inner ear infection that really affected her balance. She kept dropping the bike and gave up. She has no desire to try to learn again.

Oldest daughter just has no desire to ride, not her thing. She doesn't even want to ride on the back. (must have traumatized her as a child) She did ride dirt bikes a bit when she was little. She's just not the adventuresome type.

The youngest one, if I had any hair left it would all be gray. Teaching your child to ride is a ton of fun, but on the street it is very nerve racking. I at least really feel a responsibility for their safety and anything that happens to them. If I am riding in the lead I spend more time looking in my mirror than looking ahead. I do really like the Sena Bluetooth headsets for keeping in contact as we ride.

And I'm about to go through it all over again with the 3rd kid starting on a motorcycle.

The parent part of me can see why your mom doesn't want you riding. As a parent we want to protect our children from any harm. I also think we parents tend to be more protective of our daughters than our sons.

The rider part of me takes over and I know I can't protect them from all harm, but I can at least make sure they are as trained and prepared as they can be.

Anyhow, long ramble, but female ridership is going up. Keep riding safe and you will attract more women to riding.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote