Old May 25th, 2016, 02:51 AM   #30
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDfromBC View Post
my name is Akima, I can +1 with no valid input!
I'm pretty sure most people on this forum accept that theft is wrong and an almost equally large group likely accept that if you steal from insurance companies premiums go up. That's probably why our posts got voted on the way they did.

Need more input? toEleven correctly said this re insurance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
Devil's advocate: it's the exact amount of coverage spelled out in the contract one agrees to. The terms of that contract carry more weight than the title.
It's very likely that JanqeD's insurance policy doesn't cover his garage incident.

If someone believes their insurance company is trying to wiggle out of paying out for a valid claim:
1. Contact insurance company and make your case.
If that fails and you truly believe you've been ripped off and it's worth your time fighting the insurance company...
2. Take legal action.
3. Help out your friends by telling them about your experience so they can avoid repeating it themselves.
4. Take your business elsewhere when your policy expires.

Personally, if what Memengkamatis said is true about Progressive supporting tyranny and mass control of people (via supporting "gun control"), then I wouldn't give them my business in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDfromBC View Post
Oh are you slandering me? That seems to be against the law as well.
Committing "slander" refers to making false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

My statements weren't false.

I accept that it's genuinely possible that you didn't/don't understand what it is you are advocating. There was a time in my adult life where I may have said similar things to what you said. I could have been more delicate with how I first responded to you, but honestly: in our culture there is a constant stream of very loud lying, obfuscation & manipulation that twists our thinking. Sometimes, the quickest and most painless way to correct faulty or harmful thought patterns is to simply call a spade a spade.

No one wants to be stolen from. Voluntary trade good. Stealing bad.