View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #12
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
There has been a stream of these recently, mostly pro bicyclists. I think riding my bicycle is becoming more dangerous than riding my motorcycle.
Constantly being overtaken is dangerous.

In this area there are tons of cyclists on the backroads. Many times there is no shoulder and plenty of hills. I had to slow from 45 to about 5 the other day to wait for a cyclist crest the hill before I could pass. 5 seconds before a car had come the other direction. There's just not room for 2 cars and a bicycle. Someone will lose.

Many cyclists in this area are also arrogant and feel they have "equal rights" to the road. They have rights, but they pick and choose. Sometimes they will stop at stop signs, sometimes they won't. They will ride on a busy 4 lane street (35 mph limit) with no shoulder or bike lane (there are lots of roads here with dedicated bike lanes) and expect cars to either wait for them or go around. That causes a dangerous traffic situation.

They want the rights of a motor vehicle and a pedestrian at the same time - which can put themselves and others at risk.

Hopefully Nicky will recover from this. It hasn't sounded too good so far, but he's tough.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote