Old September 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #64
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
So you've never had to take evasive maneuvers to avoid an idiot move by someone else? Luckily you never will have to because you're gonna die for sure!!! Because nothing you can do is gonna make difference right?

Let's change this all-or-nothing, black/white qualitative assertion to quantitative analysis. Bell-curve average is NOT same result for everyone. If it was, we'd all be dead because we've all drunk water at one point or another in our lives and some people have choked on it and died!

1. statistically, 67% of motorcycle traffic accidents are caused by autos turning left in front of biker. How many of these incidents results in no collision due to biker's skill in avoidance moves vs. how many results in collision? That's data I'd like to see. I would assert that in vast majority of these cases, no collisions occur due to the biker's evasive maneuvers.

2. in remaining cases that DO result in collision, vast majority of them shows LONG skidding tyre-mark from bike up to collision point.

You have to separate fault from contribution. It's not one and the same.

i'm pretty sure that's not what i said. i've crashed a bike over 10 times, missed and been missed dozens of times. it doesn't matter whose fault it is. it doesn't matter who contributed what. what matters is if you crash or not. and if you get ****ed up by the crash or not.

my point was, sometimes you can do nothing to avoid a crash, you can only try to minimize injury to yourself. like this is why we wear gear, right? my point is you need to be aware of and responsible of the consequences. yes- death is a potential for riding around with cars with no cage around you. yes- being permanently disabled from a crash is entirely possible and not really that uncommon.

don't think that because you're a skilled rider (or more likely- you think you're a skilled rider) you are immune from crashes.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.