View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2017, 07:03 PM   #9
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
^ awesome post! Love the bike list. They all sound very unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
So not much overlap at all. I'm thinking of getting a Yamaha FZ-07, and depending on things, it's possible it might replace the Guzzi for more power, less weight, and more fun in the twisties. I really don't want more motorcycles in the garage as this point.
coincidence. I'm getting a Yami FZ-07 for my next bike. Over here they call it an MT-07 though. I test rode one during the summer and fell in love. It's more comfortable than my 250R, sounds incredible, and feels insanely torquey compared to anything i've ever been in/on (car or bike). It was a challenge for me to feel planted on the bike when I gave it a lot of throttle. Soooo, much fun. I was laughing quite a bit during the ride.

My 250R is better than the MT-07 in some ways though. My 250R feels so much more stable in corners. Also: I accidentally scraped the peg on the MT-07 on a road I was very familiar riding on my 250R. The 250R would be no where near scraping anything on that same corner, so I get the sense the MT-07 can't lean over as far. Also: the suspension on the MT-07 felt nice and riding was very comfortable, but it also felt a bit spongy. Having test ridden a few bikes recently, I've come to appreciate the suspension and planted feeling that the 250R gives me in the corners. It corners better than all the other bikes I've ridden (I haven't ridden that many).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.