Old November 8th, 2017, 05:20 AM   #12
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I hadn't heard that about the Fizz-7 (MT-07). In fact I read it doesn't scrape a peg until 49 degrees. Is it possible the one you rode was lowered? Or maybe you just enjoyed it more than you thought you were enjoying it.
Pretty sure it wasn't lowered.

After writing my last post I actually started questioning myself about how fast I rode it. It's possible I was riding the Yami faster than I thought. Supportive evidence of that, is that when I got back on my 250R after riding the Yami, my 250R felt slower than it had ever felt to me, suggesting that I had got used to the extra speed. Riding faster = more lean.

If I was riding faster, it didn't feel dangerous. I felt very in control and practised getting hard on the breaks a few time, so was able to stop quickly.

So... what you read is probably true. The MT-07 lean angle is probably great and I was probably being a bit to enthusiastic with the test bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post
Have you tried the SV650? I think it might feel more stable.

The FZ feels like you’re flying. You glance down and all you see is the road. It’s super light too.

The mph and kph aren’t swapped over there?
I haven't tried the SV650. It doesn't appeal to me as much as the MT-07. It looks longer and heavier. I've been on an SV650 as a pillion and it feels heavier. Stable, but heavier. I also much prefer the styling of the MT-07.

Oh yeah; I think a big reason why I loved the MT-07 is just how light it felt. It's a bit like the Ninja 250R experience but with an engine bigger than my car has (I'm not kidding; my car is 600CC ).

We use MPH over here, but most dash boards also show KMPH, but in a smaller font.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.