View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:06 AM   #1
TireSlayer
Clean Title? No Problem.

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 '11

SUPER CHEAP ninja owner Knoxville TN

Hey guys excited to be part of the forum. Just picked up a non-running 2011 Ninja 250 and over the course of a week chased down its NUMEROUS issues and got it dialed in and running nicely. I have to say that this forum was instrumental in chasing down a wiring issue where it looked like a chunk of the ignition wiring harness partially MELTED. One disassembled and cleaned ignition switch, one 8 pin connector replaced by 2 trailer wiring extenders(Hacked but looks clean enough), one waterlogged tank and set of carbs drained, two mixture screws liberated and tweaked, 3 cables lubed and adjusted, 1 new chain, 2 new adjustable levers, 1 plugged fuel cap drain freed, 1 loose headset tightened, fluids and some plastic cutting, and a bunch of spirited rides later; what was to be a great low stakes beginner bike for my wife has acted as more of a seed and now after a month of not falling over at stop signs anymore she's riding a KTM Duke 390 and I'm now the owner of this wonderful mini ripper. At least she enjoyed it for a month and dropped it a couple times. My last bike was a 650 so I have to say I'm having a wonderful time trying to keep my corner speeds up. its also a great bike to Sherpa my wife around on as she learns to unlock the potential of that mean little 390.

Just wanted to thank you guys for posting your issues and fixes. Motorcycles are great for social distancing.
TireSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.