View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #24
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Also - not sure what you're currently using to polish the visor, but Plexus does a great job. It does a reasonable job of protecting the visor from getting scratched up, and also polishes out smaller scratches while cleaning the visor.
At this point, all I do is clean it. I'll try the plexus, the dishwasher idea is a no go since the only dishwasher we have, I married her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
Wasn't me. I have destroyed plenty of visors though
Guess that would be why I couldn't find it when I searched your posts for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Whats your visor doing on the asphalt? Might also go a long way to take care with your helmet and where you set it. I treat mine like a baby. Hope you get it all sorted though. Good luck!
Every night, I ride to work. I stick the helmet in the truck, drive out to a meet point, and have to pull out all my stuff, including my helmet, and stick it on the ground so I can load it in the truck I bring back. I load up, come back into town, and then throw all my stuff out of the truck so I can unload some of the load while the next guy gets his stuff in the truck. Then, I get to walk over to where I keep my bike and get headed over to the second location, where we unload more stuff, then I get to go home.

I don't have time to baby my helmet. I don't throw or drop it on the ground, but it has been known to roll once I set it down. That's another reason I don't want a spendy helmet, I'd cringe at every imperfection I put into a brand new 600 dollar helmet.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote