View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #29
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Chances are with pricier helmets all you're paying for is extra comfort features and partially for the name. If you compare two helmets that have the same ratings (such as Snell, ECE, etc.) they'll both protect you even if one is $500 cheaper. If you believe that paying $800 will save you better than a $250 helmet then good for you, but I've never seen evidence proving that. And moto gp helmets are expensive because they're custom built for that persons liking and the build materials to make it lighter. Just because you spend more on something doesn't mean it is better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion so who cares.

To the OP, I wouldn't tint it I would try some methods of getting the scratches out and if it doesn't work get a new visor. And if you have a quick detach option on your helmet you could remove the visor when you get to work and keep it from getting scratched. Other then that and cleaning it after riding there's not much more you can do to prevent wear and tear.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote