View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #35
lindasninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Linda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250J

These are try at own risk and if it fail’s I have care factor of zero! Probably try this when you have nothing to lose! Mine was replaceable as scratched where I look, but was fairly new, so tried Braso on my visor, and hubbys front screen, not sure where I heard about it, its nasty stuff, not sure if you can get it over in US, stinks of ammonia badly!

Did make a marked difference, front screen had a few bad deep scratches and smoothed theses a little, but not completely, don’t it around 12 months ago and hasn’t made the plastic go brittle or anything so far, which was my concern!
I put it on, gave it a bit of a light rub into the bad bits then rinsed it under running water, then re cleaned with dish soap, finished it with plexus. Could try using toothpaste perhaps, or if your prepared to put some work, elbow grease into it, corn flower is the best and finest sanding stuff around, to microscopic scratches out? Use it on painted surfaces if you’re totally pedantic and don’t ride a lot!

As for window tint tried this might have been that the tint wasn’t flexible enough, and helmets visor is more like a hammock so needs to curve in at sides and around visor so couldn’t get it right! Heat didn’t seem to make it do anything but could be wrong sort of tint? I gave it up as a stupid joke!
Hope this helps!
lindasninja is offline   Reply With Quote