View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
It was Lee Parks in Total Control who said it's nearly physically impossible for a rider to push the bars so hard, so fast as to push the bike over. A quick flick leaves you leaned and vulnerable the least amount of time. It works nicely with a delayed apex line as well which opens your sight distance up before you initiate the quick turn.
I'm not fast, so I'll leave the racing/track questions for someone else.
this is only the case if you have a working steering lock side to side. Unfortunately for me my track bike does not so I'll always need to be conscious about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
I got a ticket for practicing quick swerves/turns. The HP said it looked unsafe. I told him it was unsafe to not develop this skill.
was this in an empty parking lot? because my older brother fought something similar and won ages ago, though that was control over a motorized vehicle in inclement weather. He was having fun using the ice covered lot as a skidpad and argued that he was attempting to learn how to properly react to an icy situation in an effort to be safer on the roads.