Old January 6th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #7
BAZININJA
ninjette.org member

Name: Lori

Motorcycle(s): 2018 NINJA 650 ABS KRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
My 2¢,

The small Kawasaki twins Ninja 250 & EX/Ninja 500 are advantageous in the twisties, if rider and bike are set up properly, and walk all over it's bigger brothers, and cousins.

I've had bike bore bikes, and in the twisties, the smaller bores had the advantage, my only advantage on a big bore was not shifting as much, and the straightaway.
I joined a group in the twisties in Missouri and Arkansas on my Honda (700cc). My basics are solid from teaching classes, but the only other real twisties I had done was the Dragon/Skyway on my Shadow Aero 750. Everybody had sportbikes except a guy on an old naked 'Wing and I kept up with them. Like me, they like to run about 5mph over the speed limit, so the group was a great fit for me. I know one gal had a CBR 600, but I don't know for sure what everybody else had. Chances are I had the heaviest bike except for maybe the 'Wing. I've wondered how I might fare on the NINJA in a group with bigger bore bikes. I certainly don't need to be first, but I really don't want to be last either. I'll get a chance to find out when I move down there in a couple years. And with single-digit temps today that are going to stay below zero tomorrow, it can't happen soon enough!!!
BAZININJA is offline   Reply With Quote